- Build a water rocket which would traverse the path and fly over to the different points.
- Larger the distance the rocket covers, the better it is.
- Only plastic soft drink bottles must be used for the rocket body.
- The water rocket must use only compressed ambient atmospheric air as it’s source of energy. Only tap water should be used in the rocket and the water will be provided by the organisers. Water brought by the team won’t be allowed in the rockets.
- No chemicals or aerated water should be added for launching.
- The amount of water to be filled in the rocket body is left for the team to decide.
- The pressure inside the container (rocket body) before launch should not exceed 50 psi.
- Teams can use other means like ball, flaps, wings etc. to maintain gravity but they should not get detached from the rocket during the flight. The team will be disqualified if something happens like that.
- One should bring his/her own launching platform (that can be fitted to foot pump with pressure gauge).
- A foot pump with pressure gauge will be provided during the event, its upto team whether they want to use their own pump or the provided one.
- There should be angle measurements on the launching platform.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Group Team Size: 2-4
• The Event consists of two rounds. In both the rounds, the amount of water to be filled in the rocket body and the pressure inside the rocket is upto the decision of the team, provided the pressure do not exceed 50 psi.
• Angle of the rocket for the FIRST ROUND is upto the team and for the SECOND ROUND ,it is about 90°.
- The launch arena will be a sector of a circle with sector angle 20° and the launch will take place from the centre of the circle. In this round,The Team with more range of the flight will earn more points.Points will be deducted if the rocket lands outside the sector.
- The range of flight is the distance between the point of launch and the point of it’s first impact.
Range (feet) : Points
X>=400 : 140
400>X>=350 : 110
350>X>=300 : 90
300>X>=250 : 70
250>X>=200 : 50
200>X>=150 : 30
150>X>=100 : 20
100>X>=50 : 10
SECOND ROUND :
- The rocket should be launched vertically (90°) and the time of flight will be taken into consideration .Time of flight is the time interval between the time of launch and the time of impact.
Scoring Pattern :
- Total points : Time in seconds *1
Final result :
- Points of First round + Points of Second round
PRIZE MONEY: Rs. 2000
For further details contact:
Vinay Sagar: +91-9034422522
You may also like...
Sorry - Comments are closed